Tuesday, February 14, 2006

An Afternoon Soak...

Don’t know if it was hoying the wheelbarrow over the three-foot wall or lugging the weighty bag of weeds to the trash (recyclable compost, of course), but I rather suspect it was heaving the ten-foot stretch of six-foot high wooden fence back onto the itsy-bitsy roller it had fallen off of that did my back in… hence I’m home in the middle of the afternoon waiting for my luxuriously long bathtub to fill with hot water.

Meanwhile, it seemed reasonable to make tea and a sandwich for lunch and, since I’m on this egg kick, I hard-boiled two and mixed them with mayo and this sublime mixture of truffle and salt, a gift from Ro while I was in New York. OMG, you’ll never eat anything boring again… I tracked it down, but, sadly, it doesn’t look like you can easily buy it online… maybe if we all band together we can order a case of it to make it worth their while. Check it out at Casina Rossa. Then again, if we asked nicely, Ro, being the gracious being she is, could send us a care package…

About the egg thing… if you didn’t know, eating eggs helps you lose weight and also helps tighten your skin… that’s according to the Fat Flush Plan and Dr. Perricone, respectively.

From the Fat Flush Plan: “Eggs are the highest dietary source of several sulfur-based amino acids, including taurine, cysteine, and methionine. These are needed by the liver to regulate bile production. This nutrient-rich food is also a superb source of phosphatidylcholine (put that in your spell checker!), a nutrient needed for overall liver health and to make lecithin, which helps prevent cholesterol oxidation harmful to the liver and other organs.”

Make sure you buy Omega-3 enriched eggs… brimming with antioxidants.

My own observation? It works and is a heckofalot cheaper than Perricone products… of course, there are other things required to maintain fabulous skin… like a daily dose of Alpha Lipoic Acid, Esther C, and Milk Thistle, to name just a couple… don’t want to overwhelm you… and a great topical regime, such as the products from La Belle, a whole line of which CT gave me for Christmas. I’m in love with their Oxygen Mist and Tissue Repair Balm… the sensation of these combined is almost indescribable… tingly, and fresh, and as clean as mountain air… Which reminds me, I think I hear my bathtub calling!

No comments:

Post a Comment