I was so happy to come across this list. Just last week I renewed my gym membership, so number 1 check. That was half-way due to checking off number 2, though if you read this post a few weeks ago, you know that number 2 took care of me ~ thank heavens a man can make more sense than a woman on occasion:) And if you didn't read the post, then just know that I'm single again ~ out with the old (literally), bring on the new! See, I'm already ahead of the wardrobe game, number 3 check. I also just revamped my apartment and resumed yoga after my May 7th crash, number 4 check. Ooh, number 5 is a tough one... unless Amy's house in Mill Valley applies:) Number 6 is a no-brainer, currently reading Water for Elephants and The Russian Concubine, skimmed Eckhart Tolle's latest ~ nothing new to learn there. I do believe independent filmmaking comes under the category of volunteering ~ and, heck, if I ever make a penny out of the deal, I will be so giving 10% of it away! Number 8... so funny they chose screenplay as the example ~ since, I'm in screenwriting class every Tuesday 10 months of the year, check. Number 9, always a factor, check. Number 10 ~ off to LA for the weekend with a group of super fun friends. Phew! that was the easiest list ever:) Thank you Social Divas (http://www.socialdiva.com)
1. Get in Shape — No one, and we repeat, NO ONE has an excuse to be unhealthy. With all the extra hours on your hands, there’s never been a better time to get to it! It’s bikini season, after all.
2. Drop Your Seasonal Fling — Yes, we mean the guy you were hanging on to because, though it was alarmingly cold outside, his feet always managed to stay miraculously warm. He might have been a great snuggler, but who wants to cuddle when it’s 90 degrees outside?
3. Rid Yourself of Wardrobe Malfunctions — Now that the season is over, go through your dressers and closets and pull out anything that has a hole in it, doesn’t fit, or you can’t remember wearing it during the cooler months. Give those items to Goodwill or your fashionista niece. After all, if you didn’t wear it this year, chances of you wearing it in 2009 are slimmer than an Olsen twin.
4. Become a Zen Master — After you clean the clutter out of your wardrobe and your love life, start clearing out any of that pesky spiritual dead weight. Meditate, do some yoga, center your Chi. Trust us, after being cooped up all winter, your mind could use a good dose of positive affirmation.
5. Find a Summer House — If you don’t have one yet, GET ON IT! Find a friend, a friend’s friend or, what the hell, make a new friend and get yourself some digs by the beach.
6. Read a Book (NOT a book on tape) — As confessed reality TV fanatics, we know how hard it can be to shut off the tube during your vegetation time. Use your extra hours this summer to read something enriching.
7. Volunteer — You always wished you could, but you could never find the time. Now you have no excuse! Part of being a Social Diva is helping other Divas in their time of need. Sign up to be a counselor at your local women’s shelter, join the Boys & Girls Club… do something to enrich the lives of others. How very noble you’ll feel!
8. Get Schooled! — Have you always wanted to learn how to create your own jewelry? Learn how to sew so you can make your own fabulous duds? Get the skinny on how to write a good screenplay? Start looking into some classes that interest you and use your extra hours to learn something new.
9. Go Green — Spend a little time finding new ways to make your casa a little greener. Change out those lightbulbs, replace your air filter, or consult with some experts to find some more ways to reduce those icky carbon emissions.
10. Relax Already — You lead a busy life, Diva, and you deserve some ‘me’ time, too. So splurge on that day at the spa, or go lay by the pool for a few hours and (gasp) shut off your Blackberry. After all, you’ve earned it!