Monday, June 16, 2008

The Fabulous Debra Winger...

spoke my name!

As well as my friend Amy's and probably every other person for whom she autographed copies of her book
Undiscovered tonight... but that's not the point. She could just as easily have not said it. The fact that she did, IMHO, speaks to her authenticity and being truly 'present'. How many times have you been introduced to someone and a second later can't remember their name, huh?

I don't know why I should have been surprised to find that she is so down to earth, as well as extremely sharp and witty ~ never mind that she looks gorgeous (I would say for her age, but, like Tina Turner's legs, for any age). When she didn't agree with the assumption within the question that was being posed by the interviewer, she said so, graciously and with humor, but nonetheless asserting her point, thereby maintaining control of the interview and stopping it from being the runaway bore that was the interview I witnessed at the same venue with Oliver Stone. And I'm not dissing the JCC -- I love that they can attract such notable celebrities to our community and charge a nominal fee to hear them speak. My point is that the evening was a delight thanks to Ms. Winger's candor, finesse and charm ~ a role model for all women whatever age, but especially over 50.

Brava! Now I'm going to curl up and read her book!

No comments:

Post a Comment