Monday, June 02, 2008

Historical Photos of San Francisco...

and Paris. Two books I was gifted with the promise that I would review them... I am so remiss! I have an excuse ~ I'm in post-production of a full-length feature film, no easy feat to accomplish on zero $$:(

That aside, I readily agreed to the proposition because I love history and photography and my two favorite cities on the planet are San Francisco and Paris. So, finally with a few minutes of downtime, I opened the pages... These are interesting collections of photographs, not immediately impressive, but worth studying for their amazing detail. Although I'm an architecture whore, as a filmmaker I'm more interested in people's faces and one of my favorite photographs is on page 162/163 ~ I'd scan and show it here but suspect I'd be busting copyright laws! Paris has a whole different vibe... it's just so much more... well, European!

That ain't much of a review ~ perhaps it's suffice to say that they look very elegant on my coffee table and friends like to pick them up and peruse them. They're available on Amazon at http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=rebecca+schall&x=0&y=0

No comments:

Post a Comment