Monday, September 17, 2007

3:10 to Yuma

I've heard critics say the cinematography ruined this film, but I couldn't see a damn thing wrong with it other than there wasn't enough Russ screen time. Sure, he was the bad boy, but so charismatic we wanted to see more of him, especially without the hat shading his eyes! Seems to me though that the real star is Christian Bale, who is brilliant and I'm sure will be up for an AA. Ben Foster was the eponymous bad guy -- who you wanted to see get his comeuppance -- he'll get a nod from the Academy too, but that might be stolen by Logan Lerman. What can I say, every supporting character was fabulous... This is a great yarn (naturally, it is Elmore Leonard afterall) and I'll be watching it again and again... Screw those naysayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment